Every Year, approximately 10,000 students appear for the State Board Examination from BMC schools in Mumbai alone. The results in the past have shown that only around 20-30% of these pass their Board exams. With a vision to achieve 100% results in BMC schools at the Std. 10 Board Exams, MT Educare along with GET has been conducting Free Grade Improvement classes for students of Std 10th.
During the academic year 2012-13, 8069 students were coached in Mathematics, Science and English. The results were great. 10 students (7 of Marathi medium and 3 of Urdu medium) scored more than 90% marks in the SSC Board examination, which was a record in itself. The overall passing percentage was 66.75%.
These numbers were improved further in the year 2013-14, where around 8906 students were being trained by our expert faculties across 132 BMC schools for grade improvement. We feel proud to state that the results were outstanding. 24 students scored 90% & above marks in the SSC board examination and the pass percentage increased to 71%.
In the academic year 2014-15, with support from Tata Motors Limited recently, GET has also started coaching students in Std IX itself, in order to train them intensively and help them maximise their performance in the SSC Board exams. This takes the tally of students being coached in BMC schools to 23,224—a huge jump from last year!
In the academic year 2014-15, MT Educare has coached students from 140 BMC Schools from 4 mediums—English, Semi English, Hindi and Urdu. Of the 9239 students that appeared for the exam, 75% passed the examination with 24 students scoring 90% marks and above. The topper from the BMC schools scored a whopping 94.25%.
IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-15, THE PROJECT WAS RUN IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS
- Lectures were conducted from June 2014 to February 2015 in these schools. Study material & test papers were also distributed
- Virtual lectures were conducted from 25th November to 25th January by esteemed faculty of MT Educare to improve students' performance in Board Exams.
- Motivational lectures were delivered so as to enhance the confidence of these children under the project Disha
- Robomate software was installed in 54 BMC schools
IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2015-16, SO FAR, THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES HAVE BEEN HELD
- Virtual lectures have been conducted for students of Std. 10th (Marathi, Hindi, & Urdu Mediums) from 2nd April to 30th June 2015 by the faculty of MT Educare to improve their performance in Board Exams.
- Regular lectures are being conducted for students of Std. 9th & 10th (Marathi, Hindi, & Urdu Mediums) 3 to 4 days a week. Std. 9th Students are taught for an hour each day while Std. 10th students are taught for 2 hours each day.
- Monthly tests are being conducted regularly at all schools from July 2015.
- Motivational lectures, organized by TATA Motors Limited, are being held at all schools whose students require them.
- Personal counselling for weak students have also been started at all schools to help them improve their performance.
- Robomate software installation, sponsored by Education Partner MT Educare Ltd., has started in all schools in October 2015.
The academic year 2015-16 has been a year of stupendous success for the students coached by GET. We thank MT Educare and Tata Motors for their efforts through which this was possible! 9113 students were coached in 150 BMC schools, covering all four mediums (Marathi, Hindi, English and Urdu), by our expert faculty. The efforts showed great improvement in the results as compared to last year's result. The passing percentage has increased to 78.88% with 7189 students scoring passing marks. 30 students scored 90% and above, and 263 students scored 80% and above. The crowning glory was the BMC school topper from English Medium who scored 94.40%.
This unprecedented achievement was possible because of the hard work of the students and the incessant support of the teachers .
We wish to continue the good work and aim at excellence in this endeavor. We will ensure great results in 2016-17 also with the continued joint partnership of MT Educare and the undaunted support of TATA Motors.